Old October 7th 03, 12:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Crossrail preferred route

John Rowland wrote:
"Richard J." wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:

I don't have any details on the planned tunnel alignment route, but a
quick look at the A-Z suggests that it might zoom under the place
where the H&C, Central and West London Lines (and West London
Transit?) come close to each other on the north side of the planned
White City development. To fail to create an interchange there would
be a great shame. Fortunately, this location is right on the boundary
between Hammersmith and Kensington boroughs, both of which will
suffer the disruption of tunnelling but neither of which has a
station under the current plan. It shouldn't be too hard to get both
boroughs to demand an interchange here. Does anyone reading this have
a track record for influencing boroughs?

I don't think the tunnel will come anywhere near the White City development.
The consultation document on the "Corridor 6" (Richmond/Kingston) options
said that the tunnel would run under Wormwood Scrubs to Chiswick Park. In
other words, Crossrail comes to the surface west of Paddington and follows
the GW main line to the Scrubs, then one branch drives SSW in tunnel. It
will now run to Turnham Green of course, but that doesn't really change it's
alignment, as the western portal of the tunnel was always planned to be on
or beside the westbound District line Richmond branch west of Turnham Green
station.
--
Richard J.