Old September 24th 06, 08:57 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Oyster System to become national by default. Is this a cunning plot- shock horror

Adrian Clark wrote:

Could this have a negative effect on pricing, though? I may not be
understanding the finer details of the Oyster system (down here in the
south London suburbs, there's no use for the cards) but I would have
thought such a system would involve standardised prices... ie reducing
the range of sub-Saver prices for tickets bought well in advance.

I can't see it being applied to InterCity ticketing, other than that
you'd be able to "load" a ticket onto it before travelling.

What it might nicely apply to, though, is local tickets - CDRs etc.

Neil