Old September 25th 06, 10:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Lack of trains on the drain

wrote:
Also wouldn't it have been better the raise the height of all of the
platforms (or lower the track) to allow level access throughout? No

Thats something I never understood about the tube. Why are the
platforms
all lower that the floors? On curved platforms its understandable since
the train might need to overhang them , but whats the excuse on
straight platforms? Its not just disabled people it would be useful
for,
even like myself when trying to wrestle a large suitcase onto the
train at heathrow it would be nice if I could just wheel it on rather
than having to physically lift it up.

B2003