Old September 25th 06, 01:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jim Jim is offline

Default Credit cards

"David of Broadway" wrote in message
Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
David of Broadway typed

wrote:
If i buy a 1 day 2-6 off peak ticket at Heathrow can i use a machine or
do i have to go to the ticket seller ?

I recall that you may be posting from the U.S. (Ignore this post if I'm
wrong.) I had problems convincing some of the ticket machines to accept
my U.S. credit card, since the U.S. hasn't adopted chip-and-PIN.

But the human ticket agents accept credit cards, including those issued
in the U.S.

Given the relatively trivial price of this ticket (£4.30) might you not
be better off paying cash? The machines can (sometimes) change large
notes and you will need to have some loose change for casual purchases
sooner or later.

Some people, myself included, find cash an unnecessary hassle to deal with
where credit cards are accepted. I use credit cards wherever possible,
/especially/ while traveling, simply to avoid the hassle.

Also, some people may face smaller fees with credit cards than with ATM
cards. (Not I -- neither my credit cards nor my ATM card charge fees.)

So the actual exchange rates on your credit card statement are no higher
than the interbank rates for that day? You can check he

http://www.oanda.com/convert/fxhistory