Old October 7th 03, 12:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
gwr4090 gwr4090 is offline

Default Crossrail preferred route

In article ,
John Rowland wrote:
"david stevenson" wrote in message
Richard J. wrote:

Er, what happens to the other 6 tph going west?

Reading? (he asks, knowingly in vain)

A few months ago, they were planned to terminate at Paddington! I guess
that this is still the case.

When I asked about this, I was told that the Western destination of the
missing 6tph was still under consideration, but that it probably wouldn't
be Paddington. My betting is still on Slough (replacing existing local
services). Electrification from Airport Junction to Slough would be pretty
straightforward to implement and there is room for turnback sidings at
Slough (if they are needed).

David