Old September 27th 06, 01:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
AstraVanMan AstraVanMan is offline

Default Strand Underpass

"John Rowland" wrote:
Out of interest, where did this spring from?

My head,

Are there talks of
making it into some sort of tidal flow system?

Not AFAIK.

Right. Well either way, I would definitely say it's absolutely fine as it
is. As I said, the southbound flow (Kingsway Waterloo Bridge) is *much*
better than the opposite going Northbound. Mainly, I suppose, because quite
simply the traffic isn't affected by the Lancaster Place/Strand/Aldwych
junction thanks to the way the one-way system around Aldwych is designed.
With the underpass taking the Northbound flow out of the equation,
everything works rather well.

--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."