Old September 28th 06, 08:22 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.thames-valley
John B John B is offline

Default Railair Heathrow-Reading CANCELLED

jonsie wrote:
Don't know what's going on but FGW cancelled the Railair to Reading
this evening and pax had to go via Hayes & Harlington Station. That is
apparently via a 140 bus from Heathrow to H&H, then Thames Strain
(sorry FGWL) stopping all stations to Reading. Great when folk have
paid £15 for the journey by coach. Anyone know what or why? I have
heard rumours that FGW are cancelling the entire LHR-Reading service in
the near future - perhaps they have already. CJB.

Maybe because of the traffic problems on the M4?

Indeed. Credit to FGW for using the fact that they're a rail company to
their advantage and sorting this one out.

(in any case, if I paid to go on a horrible coach and then found myself
on a comfortable train instead, then I'd be delighted - all too often
this happens the other way round...)

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org