Old September 28th 06, 02:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.thames-valley
allan tracy allan tracy is offline

Default Railair Heathrow-Reading CANCELLED

wrote:
Don't know what's going on but FGW cancelled the Railair to Reading
this evening and pax had to go via Hayes & Harlington Station. That is
apparently via a 140 bus from Heathrow to H&H, then Thames Strain
(sorry FGWL) stopping all stations to Reading. Great when folk have
paid £15 for the journey by coach. Anyone know what or why? I have
heard rumours that FGW are cancelling the entire LHR-Reading service in
the near future - perhaps they have already. CJB.

Whenever I need to get to Heathrow (from Birmingham), I find it far
easier to travel via Reading than Euston because when you have luggage
dragging it across the Tube is no joke.

However, from Reading it's never ever occurred to me to use the coach.
I always change at Reading for Paddington then take Heathrow Express
and I would have thought this would be even more preferable for GW
passengers whose trains always continue direct to Paddington anyway.

It's a pity some of the faster trains can't make a stop at H&H for a
connection into that new stopping train to Heathrow.

It doesn't take much to be better than a coach via the M25 and
presumably this is why it's under threat.

I know I can't be alone in my choice, as the railway will certainly
sell you a ticket for via Paddington into Heathrow.