Old October 7th 03, 07:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Whelton Martin Whelton is offline

Default Crossrail preferred route

The whole of the Western options need examining again, the options for
the western lines are very limited and from what I have seen will not
provide much relief to Paddington. With the cost of the Western branch
to Richmond, will this really provide value for money when you
remember that Richmond has a quick link's at the moment into Waterloo
and has the District Line. The Western branch should go to Slough or
even Reading and longer distances at the eastern end, the cost of
electrification would more then offset the cost of the tunnel to the
Richmond branch and be a great deal less.

Martin

"Richard J." wrote in message ...
Dr. Sunil wrote:
Angus Bryant wrote:

Afternoon all

It seems that Crossrail has now (as of Friday 3rd Oct) confirmed an
underground station at Turnham Green as part of its Kingston branch.
Also the Custom House route is the preferred option for the North
Kent branch.

See pdfs on this page:

http://www.crossrail.co.uk/pages/res...lcampaign.html

Cheers
Angus

No connection with the Victoria or Piccadilly (except at Heathrow).

... unless LU stop all Piccadilly trains at Turnham Green, which I think the
latest plans make more likely.