Old September 29th 06, 11:35 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Kengestion Ken is at it again

Anthony R. Gold wrote:
On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 03:08:18 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

I have been assured by someone who lives in Brompton that the
traffic lights all over what will soon be the Western Extension of
the congestion charging area seem to have been recently modified to
create lots of traffic jams that weren't there before. This is the
same thing that was widely alleged to have been done in the central
area prior to introducing congestion charging there.

Dunno what or where "Brompton" is, but if it's around Brompton Cross
SW3 then those lights are managed by the borough (RBK&C) which
opposes the extension and has no incentive to exaggerate the success
of the scheme.

The person in question lives in Brompton Square, and although I'm not sure
exactly which traffic lights they had in mind, Brompton Square is just off
the A4, whose traffic lights are controlled by TfL.