Old September 29th 06, 01:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

Default Carry too much on tube

On 29/09/2006 13:56, Paul Oter wrote:
clyde dempster wrote:

A station i use every working day is Kings Cross underground, i use the exit
into the main line
station. The stairs to a person with one of these cases as big as themselves
must look like Everest.

Having helped a few people to the top with there luggage my arm muscles are
developing nicely
but my back is suffering.

Two new lifts at KX (one in the old ticket hall, which takes you from
the top of the escalators up to subway level and the street, and one in
the new ticket hall, which leads from the platforms to subway level)
mean there is no need to carry heavy cases up steps from the tube any
more.

Most people probably dont know they exist. At the very least there
should be a sign in the mainline station directing people to the lift.

PaulO

There is/was a rule about taking big objects (including cases) on the
LUL over a certain size.

I'm sure that would be fun for LUL to try and enforce, but maybe they
should - I would make life so much nicer for those people who don't want
running over and blocking by 4' rolling cases

But then every now and again I see a (proper) bike on places like the
Victoria Line - and they shouldn't be let into the station, let alone on
the train.

Fun fun.