Old October 7th 03, 08:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Caught driving on a bus lane by camera - what to do?

On 07 Oct 2003 19:57:16 GMT, are (Acrosticus)
wrote:

Apparently, according to the PSV trade press the word "Local" is important
here.If the sign on the entrance to the bus lane reads "Local Buses Only" you
can't take a coach in. On the other hand, if it just reads "Buses Only" you can
- because DVLA in their wonderfully obfuscative way licence "Coaches" as
"Buses".

I'd say that was logical, as local bus services (or indeed
long-distance coach services) can often be operated using either type
of vehicle, and there are plenty of buses about which blur the
definition somewhat.

If the local bus service in this situation was operated using a coach,
you could of course drive it in the bus lane. It is the fact that it
is operating a registered local bus service that matters, not what the
vehicle is (so long as it has more than 9 seats including the driver).

Neil

--
Neil Williams
is a valid email address, but is sent to /dev/null.