Old September 30th 06, 08:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Christian Hansen Christian Hansen is offline

Default Carry too much on tube

On 29 Sep 2006 08:06:29 -0700, wrote:

Q wrote:

There is/was a rule about taking big objects (including cases) on the
LUL over a certain size.

I'm sure that would be fun for LUL to try and enforce, but maybe they
should - I would make life so much nicer for those people who don't want
running over and blocking by 4' rolling cases

I've seen posters reminding people of this rule at Tottenham Hale.
They were aimed at people trying to take flat-pack furniture home from
IKEA Edmonton.

Once many years ago, when I lived in New York, I got on the subway and sat
down. A few stations later two people got on carrying a sofa (obviously they
were moving house on the cheap). They put the sofa in the area between doors
and sat down on it until they got to their stop, when they carried it off
again.

And I myself helped a friend move flats in Paris (he didn't have much
furniture, only personal effects). He was a clothing designer, and thus had
paraphernalia related to that profession.

Chris "Thus I found myself on the Métro carrying a dressmaker's dummy." Hansen
--
Chris Hansen | chrishansenhome at btinternet dot com

http://www.christianphansen.com or