Old September 30th 06, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default 'Mystery Travellers'

wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:
I think there is also a separate stream of inspections for driver
quality / driving standards.
--
Paul C

It's a pity, then that they never seem to have visited the 28 or 295
routes - half of the drivers would be off the road if they did.

As for timing - last Thursday I needed to get a 295 from Wandsworth
Bridge Road to Clapham Junction. I was at the bus stop by 12.15p.m. -
no 295 untul 12.35 and that only went as far as Wandsworth Bridge. Only
after another 10 minutes did one bound for Clapham Junction arrive - a
total of 40 minutes' wait.

The "three in a row" syndrome is alive and kicking!

It beggars belief that this is considered an adequate "service" by
anyone.

I'd encourage you to submit a complaint
(
https://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/contact_form.asp). I've also had very poor
experiences of buses on Wandsworth Bridge Rd (albeit at night on the
N28), where a couple of services in a row appear to be cancelled but
still run empty back up from the bridge towards Fulham - very
frustrating when the N28 frequency is every 30 mins.

--
Dave Arquati