Old September 30th 06, 07:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Clark Adrian Clark is offline

Default Carry too much on tube

Small backpacks don't usually bother me too much (I often carry a guitar
across London when I'm doing studio work, so I can't really complain)
but what really annoys me is the huge craze for square "suitcase on
wheels" thingies.

These things could become quite a hazard. Even in non-threatening
situations, like hurrying for a train, I'll judge my quickest route
across the station concourse (particularly Victoria) by scanning the
general movement of people's heads. If I see a gap, I'll make a beeline
for it. However, you don't see the slow moving suitcase-on-wheels until
you're practically falling over it. Imagine the same thing happening in
a stressful evacuation scenario.

Still, it *is* very satisfying to give the things a quick kick as you
dodge them... watch the owner try to wrestle it back on course ;-)

adrian

--
http://www.spaghetti-factory.co.uk
http://www.custom-transcription.com