Old October 1st 06, 12:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Barry Salter Barry Salter is offline

Default 'Mystery Travellers'

Dave Arquati wrote:

I'd encourage you to submit a complaint
(https://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/contact_form.asp). I've also had very poor
experiences of buses on Wandsworth Bridge Rd (albeit at night on the
N28), where a couple of services in a row appear to be cancelled but
still run empty back up from the bridge towards Fulham - very
frustrating when the N28 frequency is every 30 mins.

For what good it'll do you! I've submitted multiple complaints about
route W6 (Edmonton Green - Southgate), primarily to do with early
running late at night once the service goes down to a half hourly frequency.

Each time, I've basically received the same response, "All the buses are
sent out of the garage on time. *waffle waffle* Traffic conditions mean
that buses sometimes run early. *waffle waffle* Never more than a minute
late in the past year."

As the old saying goes, "There's lies, damn lies, and statistics."

In this case, the statistics involve checks at just three points on the
route, namely the two termini and Palmers Green Station, over the
following shifts:

Mondays to Fridays: 0730 - 1000, 1000 - 1300, 1300 - 1600, 1600 - 1830
and 1830 - 2130
Saturdays: 1000 - 1300, 1400 - 1700
Sundays: 1400 - 1700

Which hardly gives an accurate picture of performance, particularly for
the "low frequency" hours.

Yet despite the evidence repeatedly presented to TfL, First have
retained the W6 contract every time it's been up for renewal!

Cheers,

Barry