Old October 3rd 06, 06:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Edward Cowling London UK Edward Cowling London UK is offline

Default Carry too much on tube

In message , Jim Brittin
writes
In article ,
says...
In message , Christian
Hansen writes
I often wear a small backpack, but take it off when boarding buses or Tube
trains. These packs are too big to remove and carry.

There are rules against bicycles at certain times of day and on
certain lines.
Why not a "Backpacks must be carried" rule?

In the 60s and early 70s you weren't allowed on the tube "as opposed to
subsurface" unless you could carry it. Cycles and prams were not
allowed under any circumstances regardless of the reason.

Anyone remember the Jonathan Routh record where as 'Candid Mike' he got
a piano onto the platform at Camden Town? Mid-50's I think

I've seen tourists at Russell Square get six foot cabin trunks onto the
Piccadilly Line !!

--
Edward Cowling London UK