Old October 4th 06, 01:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

Default Carry too much on tube

"Richard J." wrote in message
.uk...
Adrian Clark wrote:
Small backpacks don't usually bother me too much (I often carry a
guitar across London when I'm doing studio work, so I can't really
complain) but what really annoys me is the huge craze for square
"suitcase on wheels" thingies.

These things could become quite a hazard. Even in non-threatening
situations, like hurrying for a train, I'll judge my quickest route
across the station concourse (particularly Victoria) by scanning the
general movement of people's heads. If I see a gap, I'll make a
beeline for it. However, you don't see the slow moving
suitcase-on-wheels until you're practically falling over it.

If you're moving so fast that you're in danger of "falling over" a large
suitcase that you've failed to notice, it sounds as if your speed through
a crowded concourse is itself a hazard. Don't complain about other people
if you can't be bothered to adjust your speed to the conditions.

You're assuming the person dragging the case is doing so responsibly.
Getting cut up by some asshat dragging a tiny bag on wheels 1m behind them
will get you if you're walking fast or not

dave

--
Richard J.