Old October 8th 03, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ben Nunn Ben Nunn is offline

Default Zone extensions with Oyster?

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Rob
), in message
who said:
Extensions and Oyster are a total shag. I have a zone 1-2 but my
girlfriend lives in zone 3, therefore when I go round to hers from
work (Zone 1) I have to convince the man/woman in the ticket office
that I just want a ticket from X to Y (where X is the Zone 2/3
boundary on the line and Y is the destination) and that this blue bit
of plastic covers the rest.

Said ticket from X to Y costs £1.10.

Of course the ticket office is always very busy (at Charing Cross) so
I can't get to the ticket office because there's a c.10 person queue
and end up having to buy a ticket for the entire journey @ £2.20 (or
£2.10, can't remember) or miss the train. So that's a free quid
"they" are getting everytime I go to my girlfriend's.

I spose I could dump her to stop this problem but we've just got
engaged so it wouldn't be my preferred option.

Don't be so ungrateful.

If I was lucky enough to be engaged, the last thing I'd waste my time doing
would be complaining about tickets. In the same situation, I'd have a card
covering all the necessary zones, and be done with it.

Stop taking the ****. There's loads of single, lonely, unhappy people out
there. Just think about that next time you're paying the extra £1.20.

BTN