Old October 8th 03, 04:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Stimpy Stimpy is offline

Default Caught driving on a bus lane by camera - what to do?

From: (Volker Finke)
Date: 05/10/2003 22:55 GMT Daylight Time

Sorry, I am afraid I did not explain the situation very

clearly. I
sold the car two days after I was caught on camera driving

on a bus
lane. That means that I actually committed the offense while

still
being the registered keeper.
I now would like to find out my chances of getting away

without paying
on the grounds of having already sold the car. Basically, I

would like
to know what would be expecting me if I ignore the fine.

You sold the guy a car not a bus lane violation fine. So just

pay up, and
don't
do it again. You drove the car into the bus lane after all,

it didn't get
there
on its own did it?

That's a point!

Pending violation fine - sale of goods act?

No because the violation fine is against the registered keeper at
the time the offence was committed. The fine doesn't 'travel' to
the new owner along with the car