Old October 9th 03, 08:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Etherington Mark Etherington is offline

Default Oyster

In Rob wrote:

Apparently you can only "load" your tickets onto your card at the
stations in the dropdown menu on the sales site, ie. tube stations I
believe. This is a bitch for me since I live in Greenwich and
therefore I have to either travel without a ticket to a compatible
station or buy a single ticket to there and (as I was advised on the
Oyster helpline) claim a refund back for the single ticket.

I'm also looking at this problem, as I live in Lewisham. I'm on my first
Oyster monthly at the moment. If I buy my next monthly well in advance,
will it load onto my card at my selected station (probably London Bridge)
before my old season expires, or does it wait until the first day of my
new season?

I know the Oyster cards can store more than one ticket (up to three?),
so it would make sense to me to have both my current season and my next
one stored on there at the same time to get a smooth changeover. But
whether they're doing this or not I don't know.

Mark