Old October 6th 06, 11:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Olof Lagerkvist Olof Lagerkvist is offline

Default Heathrow to Blackheath?

Jkf wrote:

I'm trying to do something that may be impossible...help would be
appreciated. I will be arriving Friday night at Heathrow in a few
weeks. I imagine I'll be out of customs by 10:00 pm. Is there any way
I can arrive in Blackheath, where I will be staying by 11:00 pm? Here
are some questions...

I don't have answers to all questions but I have some ideas if you want
to save some money. It is possible to make this journey much cheaper if
you avoid Heathrow Express or cabs. Heathrow Express - tube through
central London - train to Blackheath with cash single tickets will cost
you 14.50+3+2.40 = £19.90 and by tube to Charing Cross - train to
Blackheath only the price of a Z1-6 day travelcard, £6.30.

The difference in time is about 10-20 minutes, Heathrow - Charing Cross
is about 50-60 minutes by tube and about 40-45 minutes by HEX+tube.

The most optimal tube journey in my opinion is Piccadilly Line to
Piccadilly Circus and then Bakerloo Line to Charing Cross. However with
much luggage it might be difficult with escalators and then it might be
better to change to District Line at Hammersmith and go to Embankment
Station and then walk to the Charing Cross main line station from there.

An even cheaper alternative is tube - bus but according to TfL Journey
Planner it will take between 1:33 and 1:44. With cash single tickets it
will cost you 4+1.50 = £5.50. If you want to try this I recommend
Piccadilly Line to Hammersmith, then District Line to Westminster,
Jubilee Line to North Greenwich and then bus 108 (or maybe 422 depending
on where in Blackheath you want to go).
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/spiders/...-greenwich.pdf

--
Olof Lagerkvist