Old October 9th 03, 09:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default Zone extensions with Oyster?

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:24:08 +0100, "Robin Mayes"
wrote:

"Nick Cooper 625" wrote in message
. com...
My flatmate has a monthly Zone 2-3 TC on her shiny new Oyster card.
What's the deal at the moment with ticket extensions if she needs to
travel into Zone 1?

She buys a Zone 1 extension from the ticket office or multifare machine?

Sorry, should have been clearer. The question is more related to the
fact that with a paper extension, the Oyster won't get swiped at the
other end. Will extensions "eventually" go on your Oyster card?
We've already heard horror stories that with PAYG we'll get charged
the full whack for a supposed "incomplete journey" if the gates are
open/not working and you don't/can't swipe the card at the other end.
A lot of the Oyster documentation/the web-site is pretty vague at the
best of times, but I don't think I've seen anything "official" that
even mentions extensions.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk