Old October 7th 06, 12:18 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Session Ticket from Reading to Paddington

Joyce Whitchurch wrote:

Brimstone wrote:

Does anyone knows how much a session ticket cost from Reading to
Central London. Basically I want to travel from Reading - Paddington -
London Barbicon and I want to estimate my cost of travel per month.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

You'ld think so, wouldn't you, but no, the National Rail site does not
have details of season tickets. You can instead go to
http://www.swt-seasontickets.com/. You need to register for this site,
but it will give you season ticket prices for pretty much any journey.

I don't have a current fares book to hand, but I can tell the OP that
Reading to Paddington alone cost GBP 72.90 last year. So add about 4 per
cent, plus whatever the Travelcard add-on might be (I've never
understood how they're calculated).

That's for a 7 day season by the way. Multiply by 40 for an annual,
multiply by 3.84 for a monthly. You can have any length of validity
between a month and a year, with suitably tapered prices.

Meanwhile, let's see what the good people at u.t.l. can tell us.

I can tell you that you can use the equivalent online season ticket
system from Southern at
https://www.southernrailway.trainsfares.co.uk/ using these login
details obtained from the exceptionally useful service BugMeNot
http://www.bugmenot.com/...

username:
password: password

....and you can find out the prices of any monthly or longer season
tickets to your hearts content.