Old October 7th 06, 01:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Heathrow to Blackheath?

MIG wrote:

AstraVanMan wrote:

(snip)

And from what someone else said, going from the tube to mainline station at
London Bridge is probably almost as much of a pain in the neck as it is at
Charing Cross from the Bakerloo line. I wouldn't bother with Southwark to
Waterloo East though - a quick look on a map reveals it to be a longer walk
than at Charing Cross.

Don't think so. The Bakerloo platforms are under Cockspur Street. The
Jubilee platforms are to the West of Blackfriars Road.

As I state elsewhere Southwark to Waterloo East is a direct interchange
- you don't have to leave the station premises to get from platform to
platform.

To be honest, this is all a bit academic. I don't think that the
journey is actually possible in the time specified. Probably won't
even be out of Heathrow by the time required to be in Blackheath.

Yeah, getting through Heathrow can be pretty slow. The flight might
well be late in (could be late starting out in fact), you can spend a
bit of time trundling around the taxiways of Heathrow before you even
get out, baggage reclaim can take an age (if you've got baggage in the
hold of course), etc etc.

However if the OP's got the money then a mad dash across south London
in a black cab could be fun - cutting through south London is all about
knowing the sly backstreet routes.