Old October 7th 06, 02:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

On 7 Oct 2006 06:26:54 -0700, "jonmorris" wrote:

On board the 0036 First Capital Connect service from Kings Cross to
Peterborough, Friday 6th October 2006 (Saturday morning), I was
assaulted after getting off the train at Hatfield station. No serious
injury fortunately, but I'm more angry with the way it was allowed to
happen.

[snip]

Sorry to hear about what happened. It's hard to know what to do in such
circumstances but where it is obvious alcohol (and possibly drugs) are
involved you can't expect a rational response from the perpetrators if
you challenge them.

I would send a clear and unemotional letter to the MD of FCC as well as
the Director of Safety and Operations that explains what happened. I
know the safety and ops director (he used to be at LU) and he's a decent
chap IMO. I think it is very important that they go through the facts of
this incident and understand the role of the people who appeared to be
FCC staff and also provide you with an explanation. I wouldn't expect a
miracle but there are issues from what you have said that need to be
understood and lessons need to be learned. The deployment of police or
security staff also needs to be thought about as it is a regrettable but
obvious fact that late night trains are likely to be prone to such
incidents.
--
Paul C