Old October 7th 06, 03:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Ian Ian is offline

Default Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

jonmorris wrote:
It
then heated up more, so like a fool (having had some drinks) I told
them to calm down. She then turned on me, threatening to stab me. I
said I'd call the police and things got worse. So I walked into the
next carriage and pulled the alarm.

Possibly they thought you wre a drunk who had pulled the alarm as part
of an argument with other drunks, and that by getting you off the train
they were defusing things? I'm not trying to be censorious, honest, but
how many was "some drinks"?

That aside, my sympathies. It sounds like the "anything for a quiet
life" policy which leads buffet car attendants to sell alcohol to
aggressively drunk football fans - and to hell with other passengers.

Ian