Old October 7th 06, 05:12 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Session Ticket from Reading to Paddington

In message , at 17:48:12 on
Sat, 7 Oct 2006, Stevie D remarked:
iirc you can take a train to Waterloo, thence via Waterloo East to
London Bridge, all for the price of a "London Terminals" ticket.

Not true.

Mapped routes between Reading and London are WR, WV, WW and WX - none
of which include the line through Waterloo East. The only London
terminals you can use are Paddington or Waterloo - plus Olympia if you
count that as a terminal.

Oh well, it must have changed then (yet more penny pinching by the
ToCs). It was true when I travelled that way (quite a few years ago, but
post-privatisation).

Makes me wonder what use the "London Terminals" concept is, and why the
Fares Manual (as posted earlier) only mentions an exception for
Thameslink (in a sense that the number of London Terminals accessible
via Thameslink is specifically reduced).