Old October 7th 06, 07:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Yorkie Yorkie is offline

Default Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

wrote:
As there was a child involved I would have called the police in any
case. I'm not sure that pulling the alarm achieved much. Why did you
choose that course of action?

Is carrying a mobile 'phone compulsory?

What's the point in providing emergency alarms, if the alarm is not
answered?

So what did you want to do - go on beyond Hatfield?

Ridiculous question. How did they know he was wanting to get off at
Hatfield? As he had done no wrong, they had no right to eject him from
the train (the fact he wanted to get off there is irrelevant), and he'd
have been perfectly within his rights to refuse if he was going
further.

I realise that you are upset, but that's bad advice. If decent people
don't try to help what chance is there? The likelihood is that the
people who were being abused and threatened prior to your involvement
are, in fact, grateful to you, just as, I am sure, you would be
grateful to someone who intervened to try to help you.

Why defend the company for doing absolutely nothing constructive then?
You can't have it both ways!

While I agree that decent people should try to help, they should be
backed up by the rail company. If they're going to be ejected from the
train for trying to help, and you defend that, then how can you say
it's wise to help?