Old October 9th 03, 09:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin Mayes Robin Mayes is offline

Default Zone extensions with Oyster?

"Nick Cooper" wrote in
message ...

Sorry, should have been clearer. The question is more related to the
fact that with a paper extension, the Oyster won't get swiped at the
other end. Will extensions "eventually" go on your Oyster card?
We've already heard horror stories that with PAYG we'll get charged
the full whack for a supposed "incomplete journey" if the gates are
open/not working and you don't/can't swipe the card at the other end.
A lot of the Oyster documentation/the web-site is pretty vague at the
best of times, but I don't think I've seen anything "official" that
even mentions extensions.

Once all tickets are available on Oystercards (when PAYG is introduced) I
see no reason why extension tickets cannot be loaded onto them. I just hope
they iron out the "issues" that are already in evidence before PAYG is
introduced though.