Old October 8th 06, 09:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Heathrow to Blackheath?

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

My only comment on the above would be that Waterloo and Waterloo
East will be busy. A better explanation of the relationship and link
between the Waterloo Stations would help a stranger as it's not that
obvious and I've always found big main line stations to be moderately
bewildering places the first time I've ever used them - whether in the
UK or elsewhere. That's partly why I went into such excruciating detail
in my first response - trying to make an "alien" environment as
understandable as possible.

Not a consideration with the Southwark-Waterloo East connection though,
surely? Doesn't it connect with the other end of the Waterloo East
platforms?

Yes, and I think there is one of those TV screens with the list of
departures and platforms as you come through the LU barrier.

This is slightly more useful than the ones at the main end which just
say "Dartford expected 5 mins", with no indication of which one it
might be (given, as I've mentioned before, the thirty stations on five
different routes to Dartford).