Old October 8th 06, 01:04 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

Roland Perry wrote:

That is perhaps more of an argument for reviewing the use of DOO trains
on that route, at that time of day (or indeed female-D OO trains on that
route at that time of day).

I wouldn't say so. A single guard is as likely to avoid the situation
due to danger to himself as the driver is.

What it might be an argument for is the abolition of the BTP and its
replacement with local force jurisdiction, as I expect it would have
been a lot easier to have local plod waiting for the train in such an
instance, which would have been the ideal situation.

Neil