Old October 8th 06, 03:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Heathrow to Blackheath?

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 15:06:16 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Jkf wrote:

I have been amazed by and grateful for all the responses
to my note. I'm working on figuring out the best method.

While the devotion shown by many on this group to buses and trains is
touching, you aren't in England every day and probably don't get that much
holiday time per year, so this probably isn't a good time to slum it. In
this circumstance I think you should get a taxi from Heathrow to the exact
address in Blackheath, rather than worry about relying on at least three
trains or buses all being punctual. Make sure you get a proper taxi from the
taxi rank - there are numerous illegal chaps touting "taxis" in the airport,
and these have been known to take very circuitous slow routes, and aren't
insured.

Come on John - it's not devotion to a favoured mode it's about trying to
be helpful. There are some people on here who do or have worked in the
taxi / private hire business (you're one IIRC) which is fair enough and
they've had their say too in this thread.

I suspect that I would struggle to spot an illegal taxi at Heathrow (or
any airport for that matter) so quite why the OP will have developed a
sixth sense to be able to do so I know not. There are pluses and minuses
to all of the choices that have been put forward so let's not get into a
"bidding war" as to which is best.
--
Paul C