Old October 8th 06, 03:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
jonmorris jonmorris is offline

Default Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

Peter Lawrence wrote:
I wonder what the guards are employed for. Wouldn't they have been
more use patrolling the train (and checking tickets if trained to do
so) rather than just waiting for trouble?

They were in the first class compartment at the end of the train (I'd
seen them come on when we left Kings Cross, and they were with a couple
of other people - possibly guards too, or just mates). They weren't
patrolling anything, let alone checking tickets.

Mind you, the uniformed guards never checked tickets either - but I
wouldn't expect them to as they'd need the relevant paperwork or
equipment.

Jonathan