Old October 8th 06, 04:04 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
allan tracy allan tracy is offline

Default Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

TBirdFrank wrote:
It provides, sadly, the best reason for having your own private
transport if you are out late at night, or arranging to travel in a
group.

As a bloke I never worried about travelling, late or exceedingly early
hours when younger, but as a dad, if my daughter's college activities
require her to be on campus late I would rather she gets a B & B up
there rather than taking a Preston M/cr - Manchester Hadfield late at
night.

And they call this progress ........... sheeesh!

Yet, there are those countries where women and children will quite
happily venture out late at night to use public transport and in
complete safety.

One of the reasons late night public transport, in the UK, is deemed to
be so unsafe is because it is so lightly used especially outside of the
South East and, in no small way, that's down to the car.

Of course, women alone in their cars, late at night, also cause some
concern.

What an age we live in but - and this is what so annoys me - there
really cannot be much excuse for it when elsewhere in the World these
matters are dealt with so well.

We really should not have to put up with it but as most of us resort
(if that's the right word) to our cars security on public transport
late at night has unfortunately become a minority issue - we just
don't care enough.