Old October 8th 06, 06:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Heathrow to Blackheath?

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 19:24:08 +0100, Mike Hughes
wrote:

At least a London taxi is easily recognised and is controlled and
regulated. If you were arriving at an unfamiliar (if indeed the OP is
unfamiliar with London) location which would you rather try to use?

Completely honest answer is that I avoid taxis wherever I travel. I have
paid for a black cab once in 23 years as I had a lot of luggage with me
but even then it was a struggle to get a cab as I was outside the
compulsory limit. The only other time was when I was with work
colleagues who decided to use one - quite why when we have free travel I
know not.

I always research the public transport options before I go anywhere and
I certainly make sure that the airport - central area / hotel journey is
feasible by public transport. I then use public transport at my
destination where I need to - most tourists walk extensively when they
are on hols anyway. Just call me odd.
--
Paul C