Old October 8th 06, 09:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default http://maps.google.co.uk/

Ralph Diehl wrote:
Yes, I abandoned that object for about the same reason.

I'm playinng with the shadow of the tate modern chimney now, it's a
bunch clearer. Somebody said it was about 11am, it's not quite
11:30am according to the angle I got.

I'm trying to remember the distance down to the river (how many
feet lower the river level is from the base of chimney), it's been
nearly a year since I was last there. (I live about 6K miles away
from it)

The river level varies by up to 7 metres depending on the state of the
tide, so that may not be a good shadow to choose.
--
Richard J.