Old October 9th 03, 11:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default Zone extensions with Oyster?

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 11:59:24 +0100, Steve Naïve wrote:
David Walters wrote in
:

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 10:59:14 +0100, Robin Mayes
wrote:
I just hope
they iron out the "issues" that are already in evidence before PAYG
is introduced though.

What issues are those?

For example, as someone just pointed out, that apparently you will be
charged 'full price' (possibly a full zone 1-6 travelcard)

I think it will be a highest price single (zone 1-D, 5.30 I think).

if your journey
appears to be incomplete. That is if the scanners aren't working, or if
the gates are open at the destination

Scanner reliability is yet to be seen but it's likely that the stand
alone units will be very reliable since they don't have any moving
parts or openings to get jammed. If the gates are open you need to
remember to scan your card at a validator. That requires learning
a new habit which wont take long for most people.

What else could Oyster do for an incomplete journey?

David