Old October 8th 06, 09:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
SamB SamB is offline

Default Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

When returning to London from Peterborough, on a Saturday night last
month, on arriving at Peterborough station, it was swarming with police
who were detaining several men, who had presumably been causing
problems on the incoming train. Said train was sat on the platform in
darkness, with no indications on screens, and no staff seeming to know
whether it was going to go to London or not. In the end, it all powered
up and we were all on our way, and the carriage was full of beer cans,
both empty and unopened! A good haul in the end!