Old October 9th 03, 12:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default Zone extensions with Oyster?

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 12:42:35 +0100, Jason Hobbs King wrote:
Yes - the OysterCard helpline advised me that a PAYG fare will be a
zone 1-6 single. If the journey is less than this, the right fare will
update overnight based upon the zone where the Oyster was scanned upon
exit.

I was lead to believe that the right fare would be updated on exit
and this would be shown on the exit gate. Looks like we will have
to wait until it goe slive to actually know.

Places like Finsbury Park with no barriers will be fun! I assume
scanners will be put in place, but many will be needed.

Finsbury Park has had validators for months. The only place I know
of that doesn't have them is one exit of Finchley Central and they
have been digging that up this week. Most of them are off or closed
but I assume that will be fixed before PAYG goes live.

David