Old October 9th 06, 10:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default Student Oyster discount scheme

Mizter T wrote:

IIRC the LT Card proper (i.e. proper expensive that is) was withdrawn
but the name lingered on attached to the discounted tickets.

And in a way has been revived for the Oyster cap.

I'm not surprised about the NUS's grab for glory. There's no NUS logo
on the new Student Oyster is there?

Nope - nor on the old card I had. Is it on the application form? (I didn't
stop to check.)

Incidentally are there any student
unions in London unaffiliated to the NUS?

Yes - Imperial has a long history of being out (they were a founder member
in 1922, left in 1923 and only came back for brief periods in the 1930s and
1970s - the last was when their President was Trevor Philips). Currently
with the college pulling out of the University of London, some in the SU are
looking towards NUS affiliation as a replacement for the loss of ULU. Were I
a betting man I would not bet on them succeeding.

Of the others, I believe the London Business School isn't affiliated. The
central institutes and activities of the University aren't either - they
don't have much in the way of SUs of their own and ULU leaves NUS
affiliation to the colleges. I've no idea about the FEs and other colleges
in London.