Old October 10th 06, 09:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default "44% of pedestrians use the Tube map to navigate around London"

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:47:54 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:

On Tue, 9 Oct 2006, Mizter T wrote:

BBC News "Bid to make London walk-friendly"

Whatever happened to the TfL walking maps? They were a brave attempt to
give people extra information to help them get around the central area.

And from the exhibition's website:

http://www.legiblelondon.info/

I think utl should go on a mass visit and then make a combined effort to
replicate the A-Z. We've probably got enough people / knowledge to be
able to do it.

A rather fun collection of bad signs:

http://www.legiblelondon.info/workin...ters/index.htm

Anyway, sounds fun, and the NLA is pretty close to UCL - i can just walk
to Euston and get the Northern Line down to Goodge Street ...

What I find particularly ironic about the directional information for
the exhibition is that there appears to be no recognition of things
called buses. It would have taken next to no effort to show where the
nearest bus stops are (very close) and list the bus routes that stop
there. Given many of the services run from areas without decent tube
access it makes me wonder when someone will work out the meaning of
"integrated" when it comes to information for events that are supposed
to be improving people's transport choices.

The info provided for the Cycle Show at Excel was equally poor and yet
that was an event supported by TfL. Most odd.
--
Paul C