Old October 9th 03, 12:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
simon simon is offline

Default Zone extensions with Oyster?

--

"David Walters" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 11:59:24 +0100, Steve Naïve wrote:
David Walters wrote in
:

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 10:59:14 +0100, Robin Mayes
wrote:
I just hope
they iron out the "issues" that are already in evidence before PAYG
is introduced though.

What issues are those?

For example, as someone just pointed out, that apparently you will be
charged 'full price' (possibly a full zone 1-6 travelcard)

I think it will be a highest price single (zone 1-D, 5.30 I think).

if your journey
appears to be incomplete. That is if the scanners aren't working, or if
the gates are open at the destination

I have a 1,2,3 travelcard. I travel from Leytonstone to Stratford on the
tube and then get the Great Eastern train to Romford. I do not need to exit
the barriers for this interchange.

Are there Scanners on the platforms (There are at Walthmstow Central BR) ?
Otherwise my journey will appear incomplete.
Will it cause a problem on a monthly Oyster ?