Old October 10th 06, 10:43 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roger R Roger R is offline

Default Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

"jonmorris" wrote in message
ups.com...
They must have done then, but definitely a different company (I think I
heard the name 'purple' mentioned by BTP). Having plain clothed
security on all late night trains (there aren't that many running)
would be a very good idea for both passengers and the train company.

How about...
Plain clothed official require attendance of uniformed support if they are
not to be seen as just another passenger who 'is up for it/wants some of it'
(violence).

Also plain clothed security would tend to allow incidents to develop and
then require additional uniformed intervention, whereas the same official in
uniform might prevent the incident starting in the first place.

Roger R