Old October 10th 06, 01:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default "44% of pedestrians use the Tube map to navigate around London"

Adrian wrote:

Mizter T ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

Borough to London Bridge a sole destroying venture?

Depends how hot a day it is. That nice bit of fish from Borough market
won't last very long in the full glare of the sun.

Ha! But will it last in the heat of the Northern Line?

Borough Market is of course far closer to London Bridge than Borough
tube station. Quick story that illustrates how using the tube map to
get around can be a disaster. Two of my friends (a her and a he), newly
arrived in London, decided to meet up at Borough Market, having heard
people raving about it. First mistake is that he arranged to meet her
at Borough tube. She was starting from Shepherd's Bush. This particular
weekend the Central Line was out of action between White City and
Marble Arch. She thus decides on a long, tortuous route on the H&C from
the Bush to KX, and changes for the Northern to Borough - ouch! Of
course what she should've done is walked to Olympia, and got the
district (changing at Earls Court) to Monument and walked over London
Bridge.

She took my advice and invested in an A-Z sharpish!