Old October 10th 06, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Frimberley Peter Frimberley is offline

Default http://maps.google.co.uk/

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 23:08:11 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

"Earl Purple" typed

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
I still went to choir at the time, so it would be before summer 2005
(possibly winter 2004-5).

When I had a look at google maps last I noticed that the Load of Hay
pub in Brent Street was still there with its car park.

That pub was demolished some time ago and there are now flats there. I
can't remember the exact dates though.

I think it's about 4 years since that came down.

Judging from the state of the White City development
(http://tinyurl.com/qg3e4), it's very recent indeed, around six months
old I'd guess. Not much longer than that because the temporary bus
layover area is in place and in use at the south-east corner of the
site, but work looks to be only just starting on the national rail
site. The eastern end of the shopping centre looks to be at a similar
height to what it is today, but there is not much there at the western
end yet (whereas today it is at a similar height to the eastern end).

The new covered tunnel for one of the Central Line through tracks (I
forget which one it is, Westbound I think) shows up quite nicely
through the middle of the site; on the previous set of imagery, the
whole site was empty apart from the sliproad off the old motorway, and
the exhibition/tennis court sheds were still visible.

Of course different areas of London may be from different dates, just
because White City is really new, doesn't mean it is all so new.

Ah, judging from the cars parked on the Hammersmith Road directly
outside my flat, I would say it is a Sunday morning picture, it's the
only day of the week that parking is allowed there.