Old October 10th 06, 04:05 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
TBirdFrank TBirdFrank is offline

Default Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

In the Leeds incident there was no court time, no costs, no conviction,
no record - and of course there no issue as to the problem that these
low lives were causing to other passengers at the time. They brought
their delay and inconvenience on themselves

It would have been interesting to observe them continue their journey
to see if their humiliation, at their own hands, had slowed them down,
or made them even more anti social.

In today's world I certainly have a think before I say anything, but I
still consider that if more reasonable people spoke up there would be
less latitude for these scumbags. But I don't want a mouthful of teeth
to prove the point.

Another incident of where one man can't, but a group can, was a few
years ago approaching Nuneaton. Virgin gripper asks man for ticket. Man
produces invalid discount ticket not even for that day. Gripper offers
to regularise by way of surcharge. Man gets lippy - in fact downright
offensive. Man - I might add was also suited and booted, laptop etc.
Gripper threatens to call BT Police but lets slip this might delay
train.

A group of people travelling up for a wedding overhear this and offer
to "assist" gripper by removing said person from train into the hands
of the BTP police to allow minimum time at Nuneaton.

Train arrives, man continues to be uppity. Gripper gives the nod and
man, briefcase and laptop appear on platform straight into the arms of
the law. Doors locked - baton waved and wedding party continues on its
way. Man seen struggling manfully with police officers seeming somewhat
reluctant to accompany them.

He didn't need to be in that position but .............. he had only
himself to blame

There are many more tales - but they are for another day