Old October 10th 06, 08:08 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

On 10 Oct 2006 10:47:09 -0700, John B wrote:

What happens when "ordinary decent people" reclaim public space and
as a result they are oppressed by those who are supposed to be
maintaining law and order? See the Daily Wail for examples.

The short answer is that it barely ever happens, hence why the very few
cases where police/CPS do arrest "have a go hero" types generally make
it onto the front page of the Daily Wail the following day, followed
immediately by an embarrassed dropping of all charges.

Even if they drop the charges, they tend to insist on keeping the DNA
profile of the "hero" on the national database permanently.

That alone is enough to discourage me from getting involved.