Old October 10th 06, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Plumb Dave Plumb is offline

Default "Khyber Pass" opens tomorrow

I was also slightly surprised to see the lack of a dividing rail in the
middle, given that it now accommodates traffic in both directions.

That seems to have gone out of the window lately. Public side connection
between the tube and surface used to sport "Keep Left" signs but they've
recently gone. There's no barrier down the middle of the sub-surface
walkway from the barriers to steps by the platforms, so that's a pushy free
for all too.

The whole layout was bad anyway, going from sub-surface to NR front exit
you have to cross streams of people coming from tube to sub-surface.
Hopefully the new link will ease this.

I never really understood why we keep left in corridors and right on
escalators. Must confuse the hell out of the tourists.