Old October 10th 06, 10:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Probably stupid routing question - London, Cambridge and Norwich

Evening all,

If i buy a ticket from London to Norwich, can i go via Cambridge, and, if
it's a standard open return, can i break my journey there on both legs?

I want to cycle from London to Cambridge on saturday morning, take the
train to Norwich in the evening, take it back to Cambridge on sunday
morning, then come back to London on sunday evening. I'm thinking a single
big London - Norwich return is likely to be cheaper than a Cambridge -
Norwich return and a Cambridge - London single.

Oh, and by 'London', i probably mean 'Finsbury Park'.

Ideally, i'd actually do the Cambridge to London bit on monday morning; i
assume i can't break a Norwich - London return leg overnight, right?

Also, what's the story with ticket validity on First's trains from
Cambridge to London these days? I remember there being a thread about it
on utl which seemed to generate more heat than light. I assume it's
business as usual at the weekend, but if i wanted to come back on monday,
would i be unable to use some kinds of tickets? How about my railcard?
Until when?

Sorry if these are stupid questions - i have a rough idea of what the
answers are, but also a nagging suspicion that there's more to it than i
remember.

Thanks,
tom

--
Who would you help in a fight, Peter van der Linden or Bill Gates?